Tuesday 22 November 2016

Visualisations: The Theoretical Archaeology Group


I am delighted that I will be exhibiting work and speaking at the Theoretical Archaeology Group 2016 conference (TAG2016) at Southampton University, 19-21st December. The conference theme this year is "Visualisations".

The Reliquary Project installation view, Attenborough Arts Centre, May-July 2016
I will presenting some of my work from The Reliquary Project as part of Sightations, an exhibition and series of short talks alongside the conference which "seeks to unpack what it means to represent archaeology visually in 2016".

I'm very excited to be going, and some of the sessions in the programme promise to influence some of my current thinking around art and archaeology. "Enchanting Objects and Ways of Seeing" (Joshua Pollard (University of Southampton), John Robb (Cambridge University) and Peter Wells (University of Minnesota) sounds thrilling, and I hope to get to "Images in the Making: Art-Process-Archaeology" (Andrew Meirion Jones (University of Southampton) and Ing-Marie Back Danielsson (Uppsala University) which, if you have been to any of my recent talks, you will know sounds right up my street. You can see the full conference programme here and the full list of talks taking place in Sightations here.

You can book for the conference up until 16th December here.

No comments:

Post a Comment